Dalmia declines to comment on new chargesheet

Published: Monday, March 24, 2008, 3:35 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kolkata: Former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya today said he did not wish to comment on 'hypothetical' statement of a chargesheet being allegedly filed against him by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Mumbai police.

Talking to UNI here, Mr Dalmiya said, ''From the media reports it is learnt that an alleged chargesheet is likely to be filed in the near future. So far I have not recieved any copy of it.'' ''However, I would revert if a chargesheet is filed and a copy of it is served on me. At this stage I do not wish to comment on any such statement,'' he added.

EOW had completed investigation into the misappropriation of funds by Dalmiya and they have allegedly found evidence of misappropriation of Rs 2.90 crores.

Cricket Association of Bengal's K M Choudhary and Gautam Dutta have also been named in the charge-sheet as co-accused.

Dalmiya has been asked to be present in the sessions court on Wednesday. And depending on the case made out against him, the court will decide weather to extend his bail or to arrest him.

Considering the gravity of the charges against him, Dalmiya's bail might get canceled.


Write Comments