Lahore: Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar Monday filed a fresh appeal in Lahore HC against a ban for indiscipline just weeks after the punishment was reduced from five years to 18 months, his lawyer said.
The 32-year-old paceman was banned for five years by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) disciplinary committee in April for several incidents of indiscipline and violating the conditions of a two-year probation.
The ban came followed Akhtar's public criticism of the PCB after he was dropped from a list of 15 players who were given central contracts in January this year.
However, an appellate committee reduced the suspension to 18 months and imposed a fine of seven million rupees (115,000 dollars) earlier this month.
"We have challenged the decision of the disciplinary committee and the appellate committee and have termed both decisions as illegal," his lawyer Bilal Minto told AFP.
"We hope the case is heard within the next couple of days."
In October last year, Akhtar was banned for 13 matches and fined 3.4 million rupees for hitting team mate Mohammad Asif with a bat just days before the Twenty20 World Cup in September in South Africa.
Akhtar has played 46 Tests and 138 one-day internationals for Pakistan.
Akhtar said he will fight the ban until he is cleared.
"I want to play for my country and the ban deprived me of that," Akhtar said last week.