The International Cricket Council (ICC) is to conduct a security briefing at headquarters in Dubai Sunday with representatives from all eight participating teams in attendance -- a meeting which could lead to a final decision.
Pakistan's representative, Shafqat Naghmi, is hoping for a positive outcome.
"We have assured fool-proof security measures for the Trophy and there is no reason for us to believe that the tournament will be relocated from Pakistan," Naghmi, chief operating officer of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), said.
The meeting comes amid renewed fears about security in Pakistan following a suicide blast in the capital Islamabad earlier this month that killed 19 people and a series of small bombings in the port city of Karachi a day later.
Players from Australia, New Zealand and England have expressed concerns over playing in Pakistan. India, South Africa, Sri Lanka, the West Indies and the hosts are the other teams competing.
The tournament is due to be held in Karachi, Rawalpindi -- which adjoins Islamabad -- and Lahore from September 11-28.
Naghmi said the ICC has been positive on the prospect of hosting the Trophy in Pakistan.
"The ICC has so far said nothing to suggest that the tournament will not be held here, so we are pretty confident," said Naghmi.
Sri Lanka, the designated alternative venue for the tournament, is also facing renewed violence between Tamil Tiger rebels and government troops.