The International Cricket Council (ICC) was due to hold a meeting in Dubai on Friday which could decide the fate of the Sept 12-28 event after reports that defending champions Australia were set to boycott it.
England, New Zealand and South Africa have also expressed concerns over security for the biennial competition following a wave of suicide bombings and political instability in nuclear-armed Pakistan.
"We will resist any attempt to shift the event and today's meeting will be crucial," Pakistan Cricket Board chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi told AFP by telephone from Dubai.
"In order to save the event we have invited reluctant countries to come and see for themselves the practical implementation of the security plan."
Champions Trophy likely to be shifted to Lanka
The ICC, which has repeatedly declared Pakistan as a safe venue for the event but has also indicated that it could be shifted to Sri Lanka, is expected to take a final decision at the meeting starting Wednesday.
ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat claimed on Tuesday in London that safety and security was 'satisfactory' after a meeting with officials from the England and Wales Cricket Board.
An ICC team including general manager David Richardson visited New Zealand and Australia last week.
But in a major development overnight, Australian newspapers reported that the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA) had advised its players not to travel to Pakistan.
Australia opt out of CT: Reports
"The ACA has discussed the situation with its executive and our position is we can't recommend to our players they should tour Pakistan for the Champions Trophy," chief executive Paul Marsh was quoted as saying by The Australian.
The PCB's Naghmi said the board had offered the reluctant countries the chance to see their security arrangements.
"We invited them to see a practical demonstration of the security during two exhibition matches for which we gave dates of August 22-30 but we have not received any reply," Naghmi said.
"We are still pressing for that to happen so that doubts can be removed."
An ICC team is also visiting Pakistan to see arrangements for the Trophy. An ICC spokesman said he did not know of Australian players planning a boycott.
"We have read about the ACA's decision in the media and not heard anything officially from Cricket Australia (CA) and until we do we are not in a position to make any comment," an ICC spokesman said here.
The ECB was due to decide about the team's participation later on Wednesday.
The ICC last week decided to confine the tournament to two venues - Lahore and Karachi - dropping Rawalpindi where security could not be assessed as the city did not host any Asia Cup matches in June-July this year.