Cricket Australia (CA) on Sunday said it will review the security situation in India following Saturday's serial blasts in New Delhi and decide next week whether to proceed with the next month's four-match Test tour or not.
Peter Young, CA Public Affairs Manager said the board will seek advice from the Australian Government and ask team security manager Reg Dickason to compile an urgent report on the security situation in India.
Dickason will work with the Australian Cricketers' Association and CA General Manager of Cricket Michael Brown who has been assigned the job to speak to the Indian Cricket Board, the Australian High Commission in New Delhi and security agencies to gain information on traveling in India.
"We will seek advice from the Australian Government and our security expert Dickason has been asked to compile a report. Cricket General Manager Brown will speak to the BCCI and High Commission in New Delhi," Young said.
"Based on this report and other inputs, we will take a decision on the tour next week or so," he said.
However, Niranjan Shah, secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, was hopeful Cricket Australia would fulfil its touring commitments and complete the series.
"We are definitely concerned with today's explosions in Delhi," Shah told reportes. "But I don't think it will have any impact on the coming Australia series."
Shah's optimism will presumably be tested in the coming days. CA has already postponed a Test series in Pakistan earlier this year due to security concerns, and expressed reservations about competing in the Champions Trophy, also in Pakistan.