New Delhi: Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguli was voted the 'Bengali No 1' in a poll conducted by CNN-IBN. Prince of Kolkata won the poll with 59 percent votes.
Bollywood star Rani Mukherji came second followed by nobel prize winner Amartya Sen. Rani Mukherjee received 38. 921
At the bottom of the list, at number five are Ganesh Pyne and Pulitzer Prize winner Jhumpa Lahiri. The two who draw inspiration from Bengali culture, only managed to inspire 0.1 per cent of the vote.
"It is gerat to win. Whether number one or 100. I am proud to be a Bengali,' says the cricketer after winning the poll.
* Sourav Ganguly 59.154 per cent
* Rani Mukherjee 38.921 per cent
* Amartya Sen 0.612per cent
* Dibyendu Barua 0.483 per cent
* Ashoke Sen 0.183 per cent
* Ravi Shankar 0.166 per cent
* Muhammad Yunus 0.145 per cent
* Ali Akbar 0.12 per cent