Not Mumbai, its an attack on India: Sachin

Published: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 14:07 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

SachinNew Delhi:  Batting  maestro Sachin Tendulkar has said he could not close his eyes on the night the terrorists attacked Mumbai.

''After the match, we came to know of the attack and since then I have been disturbed. I have been tracking the horrific images of the mayhem on television,'' Tendulkar told a private news channel.

''It saddened me to see my countrymen being targeted. I couldn't sleep all this time. I am numb, the images keep playing in my head.

''This was just not an attack on Mumbai; it is an attack on India,'' he added.

Tendulkar saluted the security people who risked their lives to save the people of Mumbai.

''I thank the brave soldiers, the NSG commandos, marine commandos, Mumbai Police, fire brigade personnel, the staff of the affected hotel and the innumerable officers and jawans who stood in the line of fire. I salute you,'' he said.


Write Comments