Islamabad: The preliminary report by the government investigators into the recent attack on the Sri Lankan cricketer in Lahore has blamed senior police and security officials for the March 3 Lahore attack.
The report said a "complete security lapse" gave the 12 terrorists a free hand to carry out their mission as police did not reach the scene for at least half an hour.
"The attack had been planned and financed by some foreign countries and militants fighting in South Waziristan might have been used by the perpetrators," the newspaper quoted sources as saying.
At least seven people, including five policemen, were killed and 19 others, including seven Sri Lankan cricket players, were injured in the terrorist attack in eastern Pakistan's city of Lahore on March 3.
The police have so far failed to arrest any of the attackers. Only five people who had allegedly helped the terrorists were detained, reports said.