हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Deccan Chargers deny roping in Abdul Razzaq

Written by: By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Published: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 11:42 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Deccan Chargers deny roping in Razzaq

Hyderabad: There was utter confusion over Pakistani all-rounder Abdul Razzaq's participation in this year's Indian Premier League. This after there were rumours that Razzaq might replace injured West Indian paceman Fidel Edwards in the Deccan Chargers team. There was buzz that Razzaq who had earlier participated in the rebel Indian Cricket League would turn up for last year's champion side.

The Deccan Chargers franchise has however denied the reports. Venkat Reddy, Vice President (Operations) Deccan Chargers said that his team did not have any empty slot and there was no question of bidding for Abdul Razzaq. IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has earlier said that the Chargers didn't have any money left to buy any new players as they had spent their entire purse of $750,000 for the 2010 auctions.

Rajasthan Royals is the only team which has an empty slot. All others including Deccan Chargers can only bring a new player is through injury replacement. Modi. The IPL governing however has to be convinced that the injured player won't come back for even a single match. Modi said on the issue of new players entering the fray. Explosive all-rounder Shahid Afridi had appeared for the Chargers in the first IPL season in 2008.

After the auctions last week, Pakistan had alleged that it's cricketers had been snubbed after none of the 11 Pakistani players were bought by any team. This charge had snowballed into a political controversy after which Indian sports minister M S Gill yesterday said the IPL had faulted and he would like to see Pakistani players in action in the coming season. His Pakistani counterpart Ejaz Jakhrani had asked the Indian government to hold an inquiry into the IPL's conduct in the matter.

thatsCricket

Write Comments