Mumbai, May 25: Suspended IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has asked BCCI President Shashank Manohar and Secretary N Srinivasan to be removed from the proceedings involving the show cause notice issued to him, instead he wants an independent panel to make a decision on the issue.
"Shashank Manohar and Srinivasan have conflict of interest against me," said Modi in his e-mail to the BCCI.
"There should be an independent body to adjudicate the show-cause notice served to him by the BCCI," he added.
The email was his counter to the charge-sheet served on him by the BCCI on April 26. Modi's official reply was 160 pages and 15000 supporting pages of evidence.
The reply contains issues concerned with the charge-sheet that was ownership of Rajasthan Royals franchise.
The reply also comprises the alleged involvement of Manohar in the franchise auction process last March and of Srinivasan in the 2010 player auction. It is this involvement, Modi contends, that warranted the absence of both officials from the process that would investigate the charges against him.
Modi alleged Manohar of having a major hand in the bid for the new franchise from Kochi. He alleged that it was Manohar who pitched in Tharoor to bid for the new team even after the time had lapsed.
Srinivasan, Modi alleged, had been "instrumental in sponsoring complaints" against him and his participation would be "tantamount to him being a judge in his own cause". Modi also said he wanted to cross-examine Srinivasan in the inquiry.
Modi has claimed that he has submitted most of the relevant IPL documents.