The Pakistan Cricket Board(PCB) on Monday said that it will submit its report to the ICC on the terror attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore last year after obtaining due permission from the concerning authorities.
"Since it is a top level inquiry we need certain permissions to send the report to the ICC. We have already sought these permission and as soon as get it we will dispatch the report to the ICC," PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar said according to PTI reports.
Sarwar said a wrong impression has been created by some people that the PCB is on a different page from the ICC on this issue.
Former International Cricket Council (ICC) President Ehsan Mani had accused the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for not putting serious effort in a bid to restore international matches to the country.
"We have no issues sending the report but we have to fulfill some permissions first. We are as keen as the ICC to work towards restoring international cricket in Pakistan," he stated.
There has been no international cricket in the country after the attack that took place in March 2009. The visitors were on their way to Gaddafi Stadium when terrorists attacked them in which eight people were killed.
Seven Sri Lankan players and the coach were also injured.
Sarwar said efforts have been made to resume international cricket in Pakistan.
"We are on the same wavelength as the ICC and we are jointly working to see when international cricket can return to Pakistan."
The PCB statement came after former President of the International Cricket Council Ehsan Mani slammed the board for dragging its feet.
The ICC also separately confirmed it had yet not received any report from the PCB.
Foreign teams have refused to tour Pakistan since the attack with the PCB being forced to move its home series to neutral venues.
Pakistan just completed a home series against Australia in England last week and are further scheduled to play South Africa in the UAE later this year.