The England and Wales cricket Board(ECB) believes the Natwest ODI series between England and Pakistan will not be disrupted despite ICC making confirmation that the third ODI is under scanner.
The ICC confirmed that it had launched an investigation into the match at The Oval amid claims by The Sun newspaper that overseas bookmakers knew certain details of the commencement of the Pakistan innings.
ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat revealed the match, which Pakistan won by 23 runs, featured "a certain scoring pattern" that warranted investigation.
But the ECB insists there is no prospect of the allegations threatening the current one-day series, which England lead 2-1, and an ECB spokesman told Press Association Sport: "[The matter] is in the hands of the ICC as it stands. We see the final two matches going ahead at this stage."
With the spot-fixing scam rocking the whole cricketing world last month, this latest match-fixing has added further blow to the game of cricket.
The Sun newspaper had earlier claimed that it had alerted ICC inspectors to the possibility of manipulation prior to Friday's match, and that representatives of the governing body then watched on "as Pakistan's score mirrored the target that bookies had been told in advance by a fixer".
The newspaper further claimed that the ICC's investigation would focus "on two suspect overs".
The ICC announced the probe in a statement released on Saturday morning, which read: "Following information received by the ICC from a British newspaper and its source, the ICC now believes a full investigation is warranted."