Kochi denies contacting Ganguly

Posted by:
Published: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 9:10 [IST]
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Kochi denies contacting Ganguly

In a case of embarrassing miscommunication, media reports claimed that the Indian Premier League's Kochi franchise was trying to rope in Kolkata Knightriders' discard Sourav Ganguly when the Kochi authorities say that is simply not true.

"It's not true at all. We are not in talks with Ganguly, so the question of his involvement with the side does not arise," co-owner of the Kochi team Satyajit Gaekwad said.

Media reports had said that the Kochi IPL had contacted other teams to get a no-objection certificate (NOC) from them to include the former India captain in their ranks, as he did not find any takers in the IPL auction, held earlier this month.

As per the IPL regulations, Ganguly can once more be part of the IPL through an bidding process if all the 10 franchises raise no objection to the move.

The Kochi team owned by Rendezvous Sports has Brendon McCullum, Brad Hodge, Owais Shah, Mahela Jayawardene and Muttiah Muralitharan, besides the only Indian capped batsman VVS Laxman, in their line-up.

Ganguly, along with Mumbai captain Wasim Jaffer and Punjab pacer VRV Singh were the only three Indian players, who remained unsold in the IPL auction.


Read more about: ipl, ipl 4, sourav ganguly, team kochi
Write Comments