Lahore, April 19: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmed has said that official talks with the Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) to restore Indo-Pak cricket series will resume after the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL).
Ahmed said that the PCB is in contact with Indian cricket board, Geo News reported.
If both sides bring minor changes to their schedule, an Indo-Pak series would be possible this year, he added.
Ahmed also said that the PCB was in contact with the ICC task team, and there would soon be good news about the restoration of international cricket in Pakistan.
Responding to a question related to runaway former wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haidar, who will return to Pakistan on April 25, Ahmed said that the player has yet to respond to the PCB's letter.
The now retired wicketkeeper had stunned one and all by fleeing the team hotel in Dubai hours before the final one-day international against South Africa last year. After reaching London, he had claimed that he had got death threats from a person who wanted him to fix matches, and subsequently sought asylum in the United Kingdom.
Zulqarnain, however, voluntarily withdrew his application for asylum in Britain after the Pakistan government assured him and his family of "the highest level of security" in the country.
According to a report, the PCB intends to investigate Zulqarnain on his return from Britain, as it says the cricketer had breached his central contract and was in direct violation of the code of conduct.
According to the board, Zulqarnain will have to appear before the PCB's Disciplinary, Interrogative and Integrity committees before he can be cleared for selection at any level in Pakistan.