Dixit had hit out at Mumbai Indians as "sore losers" after their captain Sachin Tendulkar criticised the pitch used in their match against Rajasthan Royals on April 29.
After an inspection by BCCI pitch committee team, it was ordered to hold the last two matches here -- between RR and CSK yesterday and between RR and Royal Challengers Bangalore tomorrow -- on a new strip.
Dixit said he was not aware in what context the Rajasthan Royals captain Shane Warne had made comments wondering how the pitch was ordered to be changed at a short notice.
"I should clarify that we abide by BCCI rules which are clear that it not in the purview of the host team to decide the strip to be played. The BCCI has also sent his guidelines regarding the controversy," Dixit said.
"I am not aware of Shane Warne''s comments and what was the practice early on but now the pitch inspector and the curator have decide to new strip and we had to abide with them," he said.
Earlier in day, the BCCI sought to put the lid on the controversy, saying selecting the playing surface was the prerogative of the curator and the teams have no choice on the matter.
IPL Chairman Chirayu Amin issued a release to say that it was the curator, in consultation with the BCCI''s Ground and Pitches Committee, who decides the playing surface and there was nothing sinister about the change of pitch at Jaipur.
"The BCCI would like to confirm that its Ground and Pitches Committee sent recommendations for ground and pitch preparation to all host associations before the start of the IPL season. Included in the same was the advice that ''the pitches should have good pace and consistent bounce," the release said.