हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Aamir's troubles increased, ECB says match official

Published: Saturday, June 11, 2011, 0:00 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

ECB says Aamir's match was official

London, Jun 11: Banned Pakistan pacer Mohammad Aamir's troubles compounded with the England and Wales Cricket Board on Jun 10 confirming his appearance in an official club match here last week and he now runs the risk of his ICC sanction being increased.

The ECB also announced a probe into the circumstances under which Aamir, who was banned for five years by ICC for spot-fixing during Pakistan's tour of England last August, played for Addington in a Surrey Cricket League Division One match on June 4.

Aamir now runs the risk of his ban being extended if the ICC finds him guilty of breaching the terms of sanction. ICC had said that Aamir's five year ban was world-wide and applies to all levels of cricket.

In a press release, the ECB said the Surrey League fixture was an official match and requested Surrey Cricket Board to assist it in the investigation.

"The ECB has requested Surrey Cricket Board to assist it in its investigation of the circumstances surrounding the Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Aamer's appearance for Addington 1743 CC in a Surrey Cricket League Division One match last weekend," an ECB release said.

"The ECB has also written separately to Addington 1743 seeking a full written explanation from the club of the events leading up to Aamer's appearance in the match," it said.

ECB also ruled that village side Addington 1743 falls under its regulatory jurisdiction by virtue of the club being affiliated to the Surrey Cricket Board.

Aamir, who has been banned by ICC for five years for deliberately bowling no-balls in a Test against England last August in Lords, appeared for Addington 1743 CC in a match against St Lukes. .

PTI

Read more about: mohammad amir, surrey, icc, spot fixing
Write Comments