Sydney, Jan 5: After the most hyped Monkey-gate scandal, looks like a finger-gate episode has created waves in the second Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday as most of the Australian newspapers have Virat Kohli's obscene gesture on its front page.
[Scorecard: Second Test; India Vs Australia, Sydney Cricket Ground]
The Indian middle order batsman, Virat Kohli was fined for showing dissent as he made a finger gesture to the crowd on Wednesday as the Indian team got frustrated after having conceded 366 runs by claiming only one wicket.
Now, this incident has been reported everywhere, let us see what are the options left for Virat Kohli to act as he has been fined 50% of his match fee.
Five things that Virat Kohli could have done or still has a chance to do regarding this finger-gate episode:
* should have walked to the umpire and complained, as cameras are installed everywhere, that could have avoided this embarrassment following the finger gesture.
* he could have pointed at the guy who abused and could have stopped the game till action was taken
* else, donate the remaining 50% to a local charitable organisation in Sydney to show his remorse
* Shouldn't have reacted as his and India's performance was to be blamed, for giving a chance for others to abuse
* Since India's campaign has started for the second time, its time to perform so that skipper M S Dhoni doesn't get bashed.
Here are a few Do's and Don'ts for Virat Kohli. The first four suggest what he could have done on Wednesday after the incident came into light while the last one is definitely the best as he can prove the critics wrong as well as ensure that India fights back after having conceded a 468 run lead in the first innings.