Sydney, Feb 27: Former Australian pace bowler Stuart Clark said on Monday he was retiring from first-class cricket after 24 Tests and 39 one-day internationals.
The 36-year old bowler last played a first-class game for New South Wales (NSW) against Victoria in Melbourne in February last year but remained with NSW as injury cover.
Clark claimed 94 Test wickets at 23.86 including 20 wickets in his first series against South Africa in 2006 and nine wickets in his Test debut in Cape Town. He also snatched 53 ODI wickets at an average of 27.86.
Clark is currently the general manager of Sydney Sixers in Australia's Twenty20 Big Bash League , who claimed the inaugural T20 KFC Big Bash League title in February.
"It has been an absolute honour and privilege to be involved with both the Australian and New South Wales cricket teams," Clark said.
"The time is now right to step away from the playing side and concentrate on my efforts with the Sydney Sixers," Clark said.