Melbourne, Mar 3: Sri Lankan cricketers, who have shown immense desire and commitment to reach the finals of the ongoing ODI tri-series by forcing India out, will not receive any money for these matches even after the release of their outstanding payments dating back to last year's World Cup.
The Lankans will get more than $5 million in outstanding payments but the amount will be exclusive of payments the players were supposed to receive for the ongoing tri-series.
The general secretary of the Sri Lanka Cricketers' Association, Ken de Alwis, told the 'Sydney Morning Herald' that payments are set to transferred to players' accounts by Monday.
"We are concerned the full contractual terms have not been met by the cricket board, which we are not happy with. Under the circumstances, being paid up till January 31 is good enough for now," De Alwis said.
Meanwhile, Australian Cricketers Association is in a conflict with Cricket Australia to ensure good contracts for the players.
"We think it's a model that has been set up for players to go backwards. Let's just say the benchmark they've set is considerably higher than our historical record in all three forms," ACA chief Paul Marsh said.
The best-of-three finals will be played between Sri Lanka and Australia which begins on Sunday, March 4 at the Gabba.
India had won the tri-series title in 2008 after taking the first two games of the best-of-three finals.
If a winner is spotted in the first two matches, the third and last game of the finals will not be played.
The second final is slated for March 6 in Adelaide and it will host the last game as well, if necessary, on March 8.