हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Chargers likely to miss Darren Bravo in IPL 5

Posted by:
Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 15:54 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

Bravo's absence to hurt Chargers more

Kolkata, Apr 25: West Indies batsman Darren Bravo may not represent Deccan Chargers this IPL season even though the current Australia series come to an end in a few days. The 23-year-old signed for Chargers earlier this year, but chose to play the entire Australia series.

As West Indies are geared up for a tour of England in the coming week, Deccan Chargers team manager Paul Skinner said, Bravo's window of opportunity may be too limited to allow any real time with the Chargers. "Darren will only be available for two-three games even if he comes to India at the end of the Australia Test series because the West Indies will be going to England in early May," Skinner told reporters .

Darren Bravo was the only West Indies player to stay on for the three-Test series. IPL franchises have signed several Windies players like Darren's elder brother Marlon Samuels, Kieron Pollard. A decision is yet to be taken on Darren Bravo's availability.

"It's possible that he may not make the trip. A decision will be taken shortly after consultation between the franchise and the West Indies Cricket Board," skinner said.

Windies spinner Sunil Narine opted to play for Kolkata Knight Riders this season, while Chris Gayle is seeking to end his year-long impasse with West Indies Cricket Board, also said he would play the entire season this IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore before joining the Windies squad for the tour of England.

The IPL ends on May 27 while the tour of England starts on May 5 and ends on June 24.

ThatsCricket

Write Comments