हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

68% don't want Sachin as MP: Thatscricket poll

Posted by:
Published: Friday, April 27, 2012, 17:12 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

68% don't want Sachin as MP

Bangalore, Apr 27: Cricket fans prefer Sachin Tendulkar staying on the the cricket pitch rather than making an entry into Parliament, as Thatscricket's online poll understood on Friday.

Tendulkar, who was nominated to Rajya Sabha on Thursday, will enter Parliament into the House of Elders. However, most of Tendulkar's fans have reacted strongly to his decision.

Thatscricket's online poll asked fans to vote whether Tendulkar should accept Rajya Sabha nomination or not. Majority of voters answered in the negative.

As many as 68% of the voters said they wanted Tendulkar to refuse the nomination while the rest of the 32% did not mind the Master Blaster begginng a new innings.

There were also most of the fans on Thursday night, who took to twitter to express their displeasure over Tendulkar's MP role.

Fans started a campaign on twitter with #UnfollowSachin asking Tweeples to unfollow the cricket icon. #UnfollowSachin was trending on top worldwide on Thursday night.

“You 'were' my favrt crickter & my whole family 'was' your fan.Sorry to say fm now on you are nothing but a corrupt Congressy,” read one of the tweets.

“me 2..this is going to the biggest mistake of his life,” said another tweet.

Some though felt it was unfair to start a campaign like this.

“Yesterday Sachin has 2304202 this much Follwers & now 2305355 so guys you carry on with #unfollowsachin he will still be on TOP OF THE WORLD”

“dont understand why #unfollowsachin trending.”

“I thinks its great that he goes to d Rajya Sabha. Better than many many tht have gone before,” said one other tweet.

Tendulkar's nomination to the Parliament has got mixed reactions. However, most of his fans have not give their vote to him being an MP.

Hope Tendulkar is listening.

ThatsCricket

Read more about: sachin tendulkar, team india
Write Comments