Southampton, Aug 29: Hashim Amla, became the fastest player to score 3000 ODI runs in the history of the game having surpassed all-time great Viv Richards' record, during his knock of 150 against England in Southampton on Tuesday.
Amla who scored 150 off just 124 balls, helped South Africa register a 80 run win over England, to become the quickest to reach 3000 run club.
Amla also became the third South African to have achieved that feat, and the fastest to reach the milestone as Gary Kirsten (72) and Boeta Dippenaar (79) are the other South African players who feature in the top 10 list of fastest players to reach 3000 ODI runs.
Amla has achieved this feat in just 57 matches, while Viv Richards reached the milestone after 69 matches.
* Hashim Amla (South Africa) - 57
* Vivian Richards (West Indies) - 69
* Gordon Greenidge (West Indies) - 72
* Gary Kirsten (South Africa) - 72
* Virat Kohli (India) - 72
* Graham Gooch (England) - 77
* Kevin Pietersen (England) - 78
* Navjot Singh Sidhu (India) - 79
* Brian Lara (West Indies) - 79
* Boeta Dippenaar (South Africa) - 79