With the International Cricket Council (ICC) coming up with the list of match referees and umpires who will be officiating ICC World T20 in Sri Lanka, starting Sep 18, 2012, here are a few facts about the elite umpires.
* Ranjan Madugalle (Sri Lanka) has been the match referee for 46 T20 Internationals so far, the most by any as he referred in ICC World T20 2007.
* This is Madugalle's 4th consecutive T20 WC, as he has been a part of all the three editions held so far.
* Jeff Crowe has officiated in 30 T20Is so far, which is supposed to be the second highest after Ranjan Madugalle.
* Simon Taufel (Australia) has officiated 21 T20 World Cup matches so far, the most by any umpire
* Billy Doctrove (West Indies) has been the on-field umpire for 16 World T20 matches having officiated the last three World T20s in South Africa, England and West Indies.
* Aleem Dar (Pakistan) comes second in the current list of elite umpires who will be officiating the T20 World Cup with 13 matches to his credit.
* Asad Rauf (Pakistan), Steve Davis (Australia) are also placed third, having officiated 13 matches so far in the T20 World Cup
* Interestingly all the three umpires are a part of the elite group, and are officiating the World T20 in Sri Lanka, starting on Sep 18
* The stylish Billy Bowden, from New Zealand who is also part of World T20 in Sri Lanka, has so far witnessed 11 T20 World Cup matches.
* While Rudi Koertzen (South Africa) and Mark Benson (England) have also been placed fourth as they have 11 matches to their credit
* Ian Gould (England), Tony Hill (New Zealand), Marais Erasmus (South Africa), Rod Tucker (Australia) have also officiated 9, 9, 3 and 3 T20 WC matches respectively.
* While the rest of the umpires - Bruce Oxenford (Australia), Richard Kettleborough (England) and Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka) will be officiating in their first T20 World Cup this year in Sri Lanka.