Dubai, Sep 10: With the ICC World T20 just round the corner, International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the names of umpires and match referees who will be officiating the matches in the group stage of the tournament which is spread across three weeks which is starting on September 18, 2012.
Ranjan Madugalle (Sri Lanka)and Jeff Crowe (New Zealand) and Graeme La Brooy ( ICC Panel of Regional Referees) share match referees' responsibilities.
The Sri Lankan, Greame La Brooy is expected to officiate two matches in the men's tournament (Sep 21 and Sep 23, both in Pallekele)and would be taking charge of the women's tournament as he will be officiating the group stage from Sep 26 to Oct 1, 2012.
While ICC has named all the 12 umpires from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires for taking charge of the matches on-field.
* Billy Bowden (New Zealand)
* Aleem Dar (Pakistan)
* Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
* Steve Davis (Australia)
* Marais Erasmus (South Africa)
* Ian Gould (England)
* Tony Hill (New Zealand)
* Richard Kettkeborough (England)
* Asad Rauf (Pakistan)
* Simon Taufel (Australia)
* Rod Tucker (Australia)
* Bruce Oxenford (Australia)
Umpires officiating India's matches:
* Sep 19: India Vs Afghanistan; On-field umpires: Asad Rauf, Simon Taufel; Third Umpire: Aleem Dar, Fourt Umpire: Kumar Dharmasena; Match Referee: Ranjan Madugalle
* Sep 23: India Vs England; on-field umpires: Aleem Dar, Simon Taufel; Third Umpire: Kumar Dharmasena; Fourth Umpire: Asad Rauf; Match Referee: Ranjan Madugalle
With the tournament starting this weekend, India is expected to play the warm-up match against Pakistan at Premadasa Stadium on Monday, Sep 17 and would be broadcast live while none of the other warm-up matches will be telecast live.
Warm up matches are scheduled to begin from Sep 13 while women's warm-up matches will also be played at the same venue.