Bangalore, Oct 26: Chennai Super Kings, champions in 2010, crashed out of Champions League T20 during the group stages as they failed to create an impact after a successful run in IPL 5, facing Kolkata Knight Riders in the final.
Chennai lost their first match to Sydney Sixers by 14 runs and the second one to Highveld Lions by 6 wickets.
After two losses, Chennai crashed out of the tournament before playing its third match against Mumbai Indians, as Highveld Lions had registered a win against Yorkshire to qualify for the semifinal as the two IPL teams in Group B were eliminated.
But Chennai Super Kings finished their campaign on a high by winning the last two matches, but failed to play as a unit which costed them a berth in the semifinals.
Suresh Raina (116), Faf du Plessis (121), Dhoni (108), S Badrinath (82) and Vijay (75) ensured that the team posted a decent total, while the bowlers weren't upto the mark, as they conceded too many runs, while only a few bowlers bowled sensibly.
Here is a look at how Chennai Super Kings have fared in Champions League T20 so far since 2010.
* Chennai Super Kings have so far played 14 CLT20 matches since 2009, including three editions put together, and have registered 8 wins as they have tied a match and lost it in a super over (against Victoria in 2010)
* Chennai Super Kings have registered a total of 200/3 in 20 overs, their highest in CLT20 against Wayamba in 2010
* Chennai Super Kings were the Champions in 2010 which was held in South Africa
* Murali Vijay holds the record for most runs in Champions League T20 with 414 runs off 14 matches with an average of 29.57 including three half centuries
* Suresh Raina holds the record for the highest individual score (94*) for Chennai Super Kings
* Murali Vijay has hit 13 sixes and 42 boundaries in CLT20 so far, the highest by any Chennai batsman
* Wriddhiman Saha, Albie Morkel have recorded one duck each in CLT20 2012
* Suresh Raina and R Ashwin have recorded a four wicket haul each in CLT20
* R Ashwin has been the leading wicket-taker for Chennai in CLT20 so far with 21 wickets
* Suresh Raina holds the record for most catches (9) off 14 matches in CLT20 since 2010