Bangalore, Oct 26: The only IPL team that managed to reach the semifinal of CLT20 2012, Delhi Daredevils have been the strongest IPL team this season. Here is a look at the team's performance in Champions League starting from 2009.
Having played two editions of Champions League T20, Delhi Daredevils did look dangerous with a balanced line-up, but Highveld Lions' performance outplayed Daredevils, as they bowed out with a 22-run loss to hosts Highveld Lions.
The team was in great form this season, as they played extremely well against their opponents in Group A, and secured 12 points off 4 matches as two matches were washed out due to bad weather.
Delhi Daredevils have more or less come up with a similar performance, as they had lost two matches and won two games in the first edition of CLT20 as well.
With a remarkable performance in the group stages, the team has faltered in the semi-finals this time, while they failed to reach the semis the last time they played CLT20 in 2009.
Interestingly, it is the only IPL team that performed well on South African pitches, as others surrendered meekly to their opponents.
Here is a look at how Delhi Daredevils have fared in Champions League T20 so far
* Delhi Daredevils have been a part of Champions League T20 in 2009/10 and 2012/13
* Delhi Daredevils had won two matches and lost 2 in the first edition of CLT20 that was held in India
* Virender Sehwag continues to be the highest run-scorer for Delhi Daredevils in Champions League T20 with 208 runs off 7 matches with a highest score of 66 against Wayamba at Delhi in 2009
* Delhi Daredevils have recorded 170/5in 20 overs against Wayamba at Delhi in 2009, which continues to be the highest total the team has posted so far in Champions League T20
* The lowest total has been 98/8 against Victoria at Delhi in 2009
* Sehwag, Naman Ojha, Rajat Bhatia, P Negi have recorded a duck each in CLT20
* Virender Sehwag holds the record for the maximum sixes (4) for Delhi Daredevils
* Daredevils' largest victory has been against Wayamba at Delhi in 2009, when Sehwag-led Delhi won by 50 runs
* Daredevils have also registered a thrilling 3 ball win against Scorchers in 2012
* Unmukt Chand adn Ross Taylor currently hold the record for maximum sixes in an innings (2) against Kolkata Knight Riders at Centurion in 2012.
* Morne Morkel currently holds the record for most wickets as he has claimed 6 wickets in this year's edition of Champions League T20, with 3/19 being his best in the tournament
* Virender Sehwag has played 7 CLT20 matches, the most by any Delhi Daredevils player
* Sehwag also holds the record for the highest strike-rate (140.54) in Champions League T20