Melbourne, Nov 16: Australia have included all-rounder Shane Watson for the second Test against South Africa which starts on November 22 in Adelaide.
Watson, who missed the first Test in Brisbane last week, due to a calf strain, is still not certain to play in the second Test. Watson's replacement Rob Quiney remains in the squad after making his Test debut at the Gabba.
Commenting on the team, National Selector John Inverarity said on Friday: " Shane Watson is making steady progress from his calf injury, but it is too early to determine if he will be fit to come under consideration for selection; the game beginning next Thursday."
"The National Selection Panel has selected a squad of 13 players for the second Test. The only change from the original 12-player squad named on 29 October is that Rob Quiney remains with the squad after joining the group in Brisbane following Shane Watson's withdrawal," he added.
"The NSP was very pleased with the strong showing by Michael Clarke's team after an indifferent opening day of the first Test in Brisbane. They were put under pressure early, but showed great composure to not only regroup but then put considerable pressure on South Africa.
"Josh Hazlewood was in Brisbane as a development player, however due to RYOBI One-Day Cup commitments he won't be in Adelaide. Josh gained valuable experience by being around the team in Brisbane. At this stage the NSP is yet to determine if this opportunity will be offered to another developing player for the second Vodafone Test in Adelaide," Inverarity said.
Australia squad for second Test: Michael Clarke (captain), Shane Watson, David Warner, Ed Cowan, Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Matthew Wade (wicketkeeper), James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Ben Hilfenhaus, Rob Quiney.