Mumbai, Nov 22: Sachin Tendulkar could be playing his last Test on home ground, Wankhede Stadium, against England starting on Friday. So far, Tendulkar has played nine Tests at Wankhede Stadium and one more in Mumbai, at the Brabourne Stadium.
The Master Blaster could be playing his final home ground Test as the right-hander will not get a chance anytime soon as the next home series against Australia will not have a Mumbai Test.
The second Test against England from November 23, will mark the 10th Test at Wankhede Stadium for Tendulkar. He has only one century at the Stadium and will be hoping to bow out with another ton.
Knowing that this could be Tendulkar's final Test in Mumbai, fans queued up in good numbers to buy tickets. There was a good response for the match.
Sachin Tendulkar in Mumbai Tests (10, 884 runs)
At Wankhede Stadium (Nine Tests)
831 runs, 1 ton, 7 fifties
Highest score: 148 Vs Sri Lanka, 1997
At Brabourne Stadium (1 Test)
Vs Sri Lanka, 2009, 53 runs (1 innings)
Scores of Tendulkar's all 10 Tests in Mumbai
1. Vs England, February, 1993 (78 runs)
2. Vs West India, November, 1994 (34, 85)
3. Vs Sri Lanka, December, 1997 (148, 13)
4. Vs South Africa, February, 2000 (97, 8)
5. Vs Australia, February, 2001 (76, 65)
6. Vs West Indies, October, 2002 (35)
7. Vs Australia, November, 2004 (5, 55)
8. Vs England, March, 2006 (1, 34)
9. Vs Sri Lanka, Mumbai, December, 2009 (53)
10. Vs West Indies, November, 2011 (94, 3)