Mumbai, May 29: The IPL Governing Council has set up a Three Member Commission to investigate into the allegations of spot-fixing and betting against Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings. Earlier the probe was ordered only into RR but now CSK franchise will also be questioned after the arrest of their official Gurunath Meiyappan, who is also the son-in-law of BCCI president N Srinivasan.
Here is the full statement of BCCI on the probe
"The IPL Governing Council has today (May 28) appointed a Three Member Commission with two Independent Members to enquire into the complaints of the BCCI against the following persons/entities;
1. Mr. Gurunath Meiyappan
2. India Cements Ltd. the owner of the Chennai Super Kings Franchise;
3. Jaipur IPL Pvt. Ltd. the owner of the Rajasthan Royals Franchise;
The Commission will consist of ;
1. Justice T. Jayaram Chouta Former Judge of the Karnataka and Tamil Nadu High Courts
2. Justice R Balasubramanian, Former Judge of the Tamil Nadu High Court; and
3. Mr. Sanjay Jagdale, Hon. Secretary, BCCI
The Commission will be initiating the adjudication proceedings at the earliest"
Mr. Sanjay Jagdale
Hon. Secretary, BCCI