The Tour Programme and Fixtures Committee of the BCCI met at the Cricket Centre in Mumbai on July 1, the Indian cricket board said in a statement on Tuesday (July 2).
The groups for the 2013-14 edition of the Ranji Trophy are as follows
Group A: Mumbai, Punjab, Gujarat, Delhi, Karnataka, Orissa, Haryana, Vidarbha, Jharkhand
Group B: Saurashtra, Services, Uttar Pradesh, Railways, Baroda, Madhya Pradesh, Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan
Group C: Hyderabad, Maharashtra, Andhra, Assam, Kerala, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Tripura
Other major decisions taken by BCCI
1. The gap between Ranji Trophy matches will be four days, after the third game.
2. All the Ranji Trophy matches have been scheduled on weekends.
3. The Vijay Hazare Trophy matches at the knockout stage, and the Deodhar Trophy matches, will be played under lights.
4. The under-25 matches will start a day after the Ranji matches, so that players who are not part of the playing XI in the Ranji games, can play the under-25 games.
5. There will be no bonus points in one-day games.
6. SG Test balls will be used for Ranji Trophy and Under-25 matches.
7. Under-16 and Under-19 matches will be played with SG Tournament Special balls.
8. Women's Senior Tournaments (One-dayers and T20s) will be played on Elite and Plate group basis. Both these tournaments will be played in coloured clothing, and with white balls.
9. In the Ranji League phase, every team will play four 'home' and four 'away' games.
10. The Ranji Knockout games will be played at venues to be identified by the Ground and Pitches Committee, in consultation with the Chairman of the Technical Committee.