Beausejour (St. Lucia), Aug 8: A cricket fan in St. Lucia died after he was electrocuted during a Caribbean Premier T20 League (CPL) match between St. Lucia Zouks and Antigua Hawkbills at the Beausejour Ground Tuesday night (August 6).
Julian Agard was electrocuted in the vicinity of the Laborie/Soufriere stands at about 10:30 p.m. local time while the game, a CPL preliminary round fixture, was in full swing, CMC reports.
Reports from Castries say Agard, a former police officer and basketball coach, was already dead when he was brought to the medical centre.
He was also a former member of the St. Lucia Youth Council.
St. Lucia Zouks lost the match by 33 runs as the Hawkbills got their first taste of victory in the tournament.