Kolkata, Sep 1: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to fight corruption in the sport and has put in measures for this month's Champions League Twenty20.
At the BCCI's Working Committee meeting here on Sunday, the following decisions were taken.
"Mr. Jagmohan Dalmiya was in the Chair. He informed the members that there were certain constitutional and statutory functions of the President, BCCI, which would have to be discharged by Mr. N. Srinivasan till the next AGM. It was decided that the Working Committee invite Mr. N. Srinivasan, President, BCCI, to perform his constitutional and statutory functions and attend the meeting.
The following decisions were taken:
1. The 84th AGM of the Board will be held on Sunday, 29 September 2013, at Chennai.
2. The Disciplinary Committee of the Board will meet shortly to consider the report of Mr. Ravi Savani on alleged match fixing/ spot fixing charges against the players during IPL 2013.
3. Apart from the Home Series against Australia in October 2013, the Working Committee approved a proposed Home series against the West Indies in the month of November 2013. The Indian team's tour of New Zealand for 2 Tests and 5 ODIs in January / February 2014 was approved. The Indian team's tour of England for 5 Tests/5 ODIs/1 T20 International, from July to September 2014, was approved.
4. The following recommendations of the NCA Board were approved in principle:
a) To enter into an arrangement with MRF Pace Foundation.
b) To use the facilities of the KSCA at Alur, near Bangalore
c) To set up a Zonal Academy in each of the Five Zones, and a dedicated academy for the North-Eastern States at Guwahati.
5.Mr. Jagmohan Dalmiya's suggestions for the steps to be taken during CLT20 were approved, and some of the important suggestions are as follows:
* An Anti-Corruption official along with a dedicated security official would be appointed for each team.
* The movement around the dugout and match officials area would be restricted and a strict code of conduct would be enforced.
* The Players / Support Staff / Match officials shall not accept any gifts during the course of the tournament. They should disclose the value of the Gifts that they have received 15 days prior to the commencement of the tournament and also the person from whom they received the gift.
* The players and support-staff will have to declare and disclose the mobile nos being used by them and all calls coming through the hotel exchange will have to be cleared by the team manager.
* The Anti-Corruption Unit will seek the help of the local police authorities wherever required."