Bangalore, June 1: The curtains will come down on the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL 7) today here at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Kings XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders will contest the IPL 7 final from 8PM IST tonight.
Ahead of the match, we list out 10 most-important facts of this year's final
1. The winner of IPL 7 will receive a prize money of Rs 15 crores while runner-up gets Rs 10 crores
2. Bangalore's M Chinnaswamy Stadium is hosting the IPL final for the first time. It also hosted the first ever IPL game, in 2008
3. Kings XI Punjab are in the final for the first time while Kolkata Knight Riders are featuring in their second title clash
4. KKR won the title in 2012 after defeating Chennai Super Kings
5. If KKR win tonight, they will equal CSK's record of becoming only the second team to win the title twice. CSK won in 2010 and 2011
6. Yusuf Pathan, Laxmipathy Balaji and George Bailey have chance be the first to win 3 IPL titles. Yusuf won with Rajasthan Royals in 2008 and KKR in 2012. Balaji was with champions CSK in 2010 and KKR in 2012. Bailey was part of CSK squad in title wins of 2010 and 2011.
7. Balaji of KXIP can become the first IPL player to win 3 titles with three different teams (CSK, KKR, KXIP)
8. Mitchell Johnson and Rishi Dhawan of KXIP have chance to play in their second IPL final in a row. They played for Mumbai Indians last year and won against CSK
9. KKR's Robin Uthappa can become the first player to win both Orange Cap and title. No Orange Cap holder has gone on to win the trophy. Uthappa is the current Orange Cap holder with an aggregate of 655 runs this season
10. Gautam Gambhir can join MS Dhoni as the second captain in IPL history with two titles