Bangalore, July 24: Indian captain MS Dhoni has beaten football stars Lionel Messi of Argentina and Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo in he most financially valuable athletes top-10 list, according to "Forbes Magazine".
Dhoni, with earnings of $21 million is at the fifth place ahead of some big names in the world of sport for the standings released for 2013. The list is headed by golf star Tiger Woods and tennis ace Roger Federer with $46 million each.
India skipper is ahead of the fastest runner on the planet Usain Bolt (Jamaica), US basketball star Kobe Bryant, Chinese woman tennis player Li Na, Ronaldo and Messi.
Top 10 most valuable athletes for 2013
1. Roger Federer (Switzerland), Tennis - $46 million
Tiger Woods (USA), Golf - $46 million
2. LeBron James (USA), Basketball - $27 million
3. Phil Mickelson (USA), Golf - $25 million
4. Maria Sharapova (Russia), Tennis - $23 million
5. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (India), Cricket - $21 million
6. Usain Bolt (Jamaica), Track and field - $20 million
7. Kobe Bryant (USA), Basketball - $19 million
8. Li Na (China), Tennis - $15 million
9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Football - $13 million
Lionel Messi (Argentina), Football - $13 million