Chennai, Aug 9: ICC chairman N Srinivasan on Friday (August 8) made it clear that the apex cricket body was "not considering" a complete overhaul in the 'Code of Conduct' for players, which has become a subject of debate following the infamous James Anderson-Ravindra Jadeja 'Pushgate' incident.
"We are not considering to revamp ICC Code of conduct for players," Srinivasan, a former BCCI president, told reporters.
Srinivasan's response comes a day after BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel pushed for a complete revamp in the ICC players code of conduct.
"As I see it, the ICC Code of Conduct needs to be revamped or rehauled, whatever you may call it. Currently the BCCI could not have asked for an appeal against the decision of the judicial commissioner (Gordon Lewis who let off Anderson). The appellant in this case could have been only the ICC. It's a big flaw (in the process)," Patel had said yesterday.
Former India skipper Rahul Dravid, too, slammed the 'not guilty' verdict given to Anderson in the 'pushgate' incident and said the administrators of the game have sent out a "wrong message" by letting off the England pacer without any punishment.
"The message we've given out at the moment, the game has given out, is that it's okay to do this stuff (abuse), which I think is wrong. I think there needed to be some sort of action taken," Dravid had said.
The incident took place as the players were leaving for lunch during the second day of the first Test at Trent Bridge.
India had charged Anderson with a Level 3 offence for pushing Jadeja but England resorted back by filing a Level 2 charge against the Indian all-rounder, arguing that he had allegedly wheeled around aggressively prompting Anderson to act in self-defence.
However, with no video evidence and with testimony from both sides being "hopelessly biased", judicial commissioner Gordon Lewis' have found both Anderson and Jadeja not guilty of breaching the ICC Code of Conduct at a hearing in Southampton last week.