The big West Indian all-rounder holds the record for most sixes in the history of CLT20 and is set to extend his domination at the top of the tree.
So far, Pollard has sent the ball over the boundary ropes 48 times in 26 innings. And he is set to complete a half century of sixes soon.
In this edition of CLT20, Pollard will go unchallenged for the top spot as there is a huge gap between him and the other batsmen.
With second-placed David Warner (27) and Chris Gayle (24), in third, not playing this year, the next best is Suresh Raina with 23 sixes.
It will be a difficult task for Chennai Super Kings' Raina to catch up with Pollard.
The 27-year-old Pollard, who has been handed the captaincy of Mumbai due to the injury to regular skipper Rohit Sharma, has made his intentions clear in the qualifying round. He smashed three sixes against Southern Express on September 14 in Raipur.
Mumbai face Northern Knights (New Zealand) today in their final qualifying match. They need to win to progress to the main round.
Watch out for Pollard's sixes tonight.
Most Sixes in CLT20 (as on September 15, 2014)
- 48 (26 innings) - Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians, Trinidad and Tobago)
- 27 (12) - David Warner (Delhi Daredevils, New South Wales)
- 24 (6) - Chris Gayle (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- 23 (19) - Suresh Raina (Chennai Super Kings)
- 22 (13) - Henry Davids (Cape Cobras, Titans)
- 19 (16) - Darren Bravo (Trinidad and Tobago)
- 18 (18) - MS Dhoni (Chennai Super Kings)
- 16 (8) - Ryan ten Doeschate (Kolkata Knight Riders, Otago)
- 16 (11) - Rohit Sharma (Deccan Chargers, Mumbai Indians)
- 15 (12) - Dinesh Karthik (Delhi, Mumbai)
- 15 (19) - Murali Vijay (Chennai Super Kings)