हिन्दीಕನ್ನಡമലയാളംதமிழ்తెలుగు

Mohit ruled out, Ishant included for rest of West Indies ODIs

Posted by:
Published: Friday, October 10, 2014, 11:31 [IST]
 
Share this on your social network:
   Facebook Twitter Google+    Comments Mail

New Delhi, Oct 10: India paceman Mohit Sharma has been ruled out of the remainder of the ODI series against West Indies due to an injury. Ishant Sharma has been named as his replacement.

In a media release today, BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said Mohit had aggravated his bilateral shin pain.

Mohit ruled out, Ishant included

"Mohit Sharma has aggravated his bilateral shin pain, and has therefore been ruled out of the ongoing Micromax Cup, India vs West Indies ODI series, 2014," Patel said.

"The All-India Senior Selection Committee has named Ishant Sharma as his replacement in the Indian squad," he added.

The 26-year-old Ishant last played a ODI in January this year, against New Zealand, in Hamilton. So far he has featured in 72 ODIs and has taken 102 wickets.

Mohit played in the first ODI in Kochi. West Indies won by 124 runs. Mohit went wicketless in his 9 overs, conceding 61 runs.

The second of the five matches will be played at Delhi's Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium on Saturday (October 11).

ThatsCricket

Write Comments